Webinar: Stakeholder insights for product development
You are kindly invited to participate in a webinar presenting earth observation products from the SEEDS project – Sentinel EO-based Emissions and Deposition Service.
SEEDS is linked to the future evolution of the Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service (CAMS) and aims to develop a proof of concept for new air pollutant emissions and depositions products.
SEEDS uses satellite data, innovative inverse modelling and machine learning approaches to integrate data from the current Copernicus services and delivers cutting edge up-to-date estimates of surface pollutant fluxes. It aims to demonstrate that enhanced satellite data use in emissions and depositions will not only improve the quality of the existing Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service (CAMS) products but will also enable new products and methods for increased stakeholder uptake.
The SEEDS Stakeholder meeting offers a place for dialogue with possible users of the SEEDS products.
The seminar is planned for Wednesday 23rd March 2022 from 9:30 to 12:30 CET.
It is divided in two sessions, the first one on emission products and the second one on deposition and agriculture relevant products.
During the webinar we will:
- provide insights on how SEEDS products will support CAMS product evolution
- present the new SEEDS emission products useful for industrial and urban planning applications
- present the new SEEDS deposition and land surface data useful for precision agriculture applications
- enable a dialog with different stakeholders on their needs and expectation for satellite based emission and deposition data
- explore the capabilities for use of the of the SEEDS products by different stakeholders
Please register to this webinar here before 21st March.
Upon registration, you will receive instructions on how to link to the TEAMS event.
- Introduction (Leonor Tarrasón, NILU)
- SEEDS and CAMS User Uptake (Cristina Ananasso, ECMWF, CAMS)
- Anthropogenic NOx emissions (Ronald van der A, KNMI)
- Industrial NOx emissions and validation (Henk Eskes, KNMI)
- Video: Fire emission products (Maite Bauwens & Jenny Stavrakou, BIRA-IASB)
- NOx soil products and NH₃ emissions (Jieying Ding, KNMI)
- Video: Biogenic emission products (Glenn Michael Oomen. BIRA-IASB)
- EEA expectations of emission validation from satellite (Federico Antognazza, EEA)
- SEEDS Link to CAMS Emissions (Jeroen Kuenen, TNO)
- Soil moisture and LAI products (Jean-Christophe Calvet, MF-CNRM)
- Video: Soil moisture and LAI products (Jean-Christophe Calvet, MF-CNRM)
- Video: Deposition of Nitrogen and Ozone products (Paul Hamer, NILU)
- Environmental impacts of ozone and nitrogen on agriculture and ecosystems (Isaura Rábago, CIEMAT)
- Use of soil land surface data in precision agriculture (Suzanne Higgings, AFBINI)